i realize i'm not everybody's cup of tea, i'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey anyway....

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lifedates

I have been terribly bored in the past few days due to not taking care of myself when I actually had the flu and am now stuck in bed (also fell and absolutely destroyed my knee and hip) , BUT before that happened, tons of fun things happened (like being stuck in bed is thaaaat bad. I watched about 75 episodes of How I Met Your Mother and slept like a baby), such as:

-I saw ANDREW MOTHER FUCKING W.K. He plays every year around NYE and I saw him about 4 years ago and have been dying to see him again. I went with my forever friend Emily and happened to run into all of the wonderful people I spent my high school years with and wished I saw them more frequently, including my baby brother Michael! 




Although at first security blocked us from the stage, Andrew wanted us to party in the Party Shed, so I took full advantage. Lots of dancing, singing and hugging, the hugging occurred after I was solo on the stage singing a duet of "I Get Wet" with the master himself. It got all types of weird.

-I spent New Year's Eve with my best friend. We got all gussied up, drank some wine and ditched everyone and went out and adventured. At first we played at an empty bar but then decided to be social and see some friends we knew at another bar, which was all fine and dandy, champagne toast and then at midnight, her man friend we were just starting to lose  faith in, showed up and surprised her. BE STILL MY HEART. Bing, bang, boom...we end up at our local haunt and get diner burgers. Perfect? Think so. 

-I got two more tattoos...somewhat spontaneously. I have wanting another skull and crossbones on the opposite ankle of where my cute, little girly one already calls home...since I got the first. When I was reading Slash's biography, I found the perfect counterpart to Miss Nasty.
(this is actually my ankle.. but I find it is incredibly hard to take pictures of the back of your ankle...ain't that flexible..)

dis ol' girl.

 And then this little guy is the logo from the band I am unhealthily obsessed with, but this doesn't at all represnt the guys in the band, it represents what they stand for and what they stand for is everything that has kept me going the past few months when everything has shot to shit.

#vague  

Addendum: I know there are people out in the world who are adamantly against tattoos, think spontaneous tattoos are silly, you got a band tattoo..seriously?, think I'll hate them when I'm 90, but you can go on with those opinions elsewhere. When I'm 90, I'll see my tattoos and know why I have them and my "why" is all that really matters, k bros? 

-I'm going to Ohio on Wednesday & it's my birthday! 
I fly out of "Brooklyn's Fart Trail" (Long Island) and get to Columbus on Wednesday night when WASTEYRACH will scoop me at the airport and we will head down to ATHENS. I get to see my friends and my brother and play for a few days which is SO exciting because last time I was there, I was with my ex, who kinda made it suck. Kidding, kinda, nope. Not at all. 
So a few days there and then I head up to Columbus for my sister's bridal shower which is also on my 21st birthday. We're doing a lunch thing at her fave restaurant and then going out to play that night. 
Shall be fun. 

-I bought myself an early birthday present : tickets to see twenty one pilots. Obsessed, yes. Fucks, none given. 
Oh! I also got their cd which I pre-ordered and two t-shirts in the mail yesterday. AMAZING.

I'm going to go waste away and attempt to get better so I can go back to work, because not making money is dumb. Also, another job would be cool....

XXXo+

No comments:

Post a Comment