i realize i'm not everybody's cup of tea, i'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey anyway....

Friday, September 7, 2012

Eargasm II

>>I don't know of anyone who doesn't enjoy Band of Horses, remember "Funeral"?? Ughhhh, le sigh, so unbelievably good. But anyway, this picturesque background and perfect live performance, makes it insanely difficult to believe this wasn't edited. This is the type of music that manages to be melancholy but pique your senses and surroundings. For me anyway, music is one of the few things that makes me really think, besides James Joyce...but he's just a weirdo. It amazes me that in the sea of horrendous, overly techno-ed music (seriously, everything has a breakdown now..and not even the COOL hardcore type...) that seems to be the only option available to my generation that there are still musicians such as BOH, that give us quality and genuine passion that music should have. Needless to say, I am SUPER excited for "Mirage Rock" to come out in a week or two.<<

"Slow Cruel Hands of Time" - Band of Horses


>>I have to say that The Avett Brothers are my absolute favorite musicians of all time. I have seen them perform once last Spring in Columbus, Ohio at the LC Pavilion, which is a beautiful outdoor amphitheater in the middle of the city, and I would probably do horrendous, unspeakable things to see them again. Now, even though some of the songs (this one as well as "Down With the Shine"..but you Avett fans all know this...) have been around for quite some time, the 'new' versions on "The Carpenter" (out in a few days) are SO FUCCCCCCKING AWESOME. UNREAL. Yet again, these boys didn't fail to amaze me. Ever since the live version of "The Once and Future Carpenter" made it's way onto the interwebs in the Spring, I have known that this album was going to bring great things. I have no clue how they constantly create the most beautiful yet angry, yet peaceful, yet heart wrenching music I have ever heard in my life, but they do and they keep doin' it and doin' it and doin' it well.<<
"Pretty Girl From Michigan" - The Avett Brothers


>>Ugh ANNNNNND THEN, Willy Moon. I have no idea how this voice comes out of this skinny, skinny fella, but I am so glad it does. The video reminds me of the intro to "True Blood" and his voice and dapper style just shoots me back into the 50's ...and 60's ..and 70's ...somehow, this guy, all 21-years of him has a style and vibe that spans generations and I can picture him being a character (and main component of the soundtrack) in Quentin Tarantino movies. As I write this, I'm listening to some of his live performances and realizing that his music videos and recordings do not give ANY justice to the insane rock and roll guitar ability and borderline raspy, deep voice that the randomly shot videos of him in the studio do. AND shit, he really enunciates...#speechpathology. <<

"Railroad Track" - Willy Moon




>>Don't worry, I will now proceed to jump off my musical high horse and go back to listening to my *NSYNC Pandora station and let you know that Ja Rule pandora was the soundtrack to my #fashionsnightout 2012..<<

No comments:

Post a Comment