i realize i'm not everybody's cup of tea, i'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey anyway....

Monday, December 10, 2012

the roommate's birthday

This post comes a wee bit late, but December 3rd marked the infamous day that was The Roommate's birthday. Of course I didn't wake up until noon, but when I did...she was no where to be found. I later remembered she had a doctor's appointment, which one of her lovely best friends accompanied her to. But also took her out to lunch at the ever so fancy, Chez Olive Garden (I'm trying to make fun, but I am so jealous (ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I WASN'T INVITED), because I love nothing more than their salad and breadsticks, omgomgomg laced with rainbows and happiness...). It made me giggle, because I remembered that this boy I met the week prior and was seeing that night, worked there. Because my mind finds random things such as: this situation, the fact that he worked at Olive Garden in general, and the opportunity that he could have sang to her , probably the most hysterical thing of all time (I'm bored with life), I immediately asked him how work was and how it was SO funny my Roommate went there today, also mentioned it was her birthday, which provoked a response "yo, man, was her name MARGE?! I hadda sing to her alone!" WHICH OBVIOUSLY MADE ME GIGGLE EVEN MORE.
**Side bar: he is also Ed Hardy sweat pants boy**
Blah, blah, so she was out all day, which was great because I was able to walk around and get shit done without being stared at by a zombie. You try to clean the floors and make enchiladas with someone staring at you and shuffling their clogs all day....
I DARE YOU. 

But then as the day went on, it began to feel more and more like it was MY birthday. 1, you already know I had the house to myself. 2. I cleaned the fuck out of it, which makes everyone feel better. 3. I went running and wasn't hungover. 4. Friends of hers brought CHOCOLATES and wine, which of course were shared with me! 5. I went to go watch football (eat wings & irish nachos &drink excessively & hit on some hot dude) ...good times all around. 

One of her neighbor friends (not one of the overbearing ones) came over and was chatting to the Rooms, and when she asked how her day was going, "It is just so terrible because I have no one and I am here alone always..."
I was standing right there, poor little neighbor, so awk to the waaaaard. So I went back to the wine...

The Roommate got shit faced like it was no one's business. I think an entire bottle of red wine (minus my glass or three) and a constant stream of sherry really did her in. 

All in all, I think she has a great time turning three thousand and five. 

xxO0o0o0o. 
BYEz!

No comments:

Post a Comment