i realize i'm not everybody's cup of tea, i'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey anyway....

Thursday, October 25, 2012

I am not as fine as I seem, pardon.

Everyone who knows me knows that the one thing I like more than snack & naps...is music. And music right meow, is limited to Twenty One Pilots. 

Skinny boys who bash the shit out of drums, jump off things, play piano, can rap and then belt high notes better than xxxtina create an epic duo filled with  part college-aged angst / lyrics that bring about some concern for possibly needed therapy, part awe of everything that surrounds them and part love of life ..defines the band that is equivalent to my musical wet dream. 

I am 98% certain that the real reason for my adoration of this band and reason for my belief that he will be my future husband, is the lead singer's endearing, epileptic dance moves. But the drummer does back flips and wears knee high tube socks, so it may be difficult to choose between the two. 

For real though, I appreciate this band immensely because they are one of the few relevant groups that ACTUALLY have depth. I really hate that fact that there is so much music floating around and absolutely nothing profound about it...NOTHING. Not only do these fellas create lyrics with passion and feeling and meaning behind them but they play and perform with such energy and emotion every single time. I have seen them play in front of 5 people at a shit hole little bar where I was the only person who knew who they were & saw them a month later at a packed out Webster Hall in NYC and each time they put on a show like it was the last time they were going to perform. 

And here is where my music snobbery comes to a head. They create such relatable music from an emotional perspective, not like some Taylor Swift-my-boyfriend-is-a-douchebag emotion, like the emptiness you feel when there is no music or when your mind runs rampant in the middle of night when you are sitting in your bed. And they somehow manage to not only sing about these situations, but they are also the exact music you want to put on while sitting in your bed slowly losing your mind to whatever demon is eating away at you that night. The mix of electro-synth, rock and roll drums, white boy rap and intense piano and vocals, are the perfect combination to wake you up, get you through the day or completely lose yourself. 

Here are snippets of both times I have seen them play. The video quality is poor because iPhones are stupid...and I think there was whiskey involved. Shh. 


Now I need to see them in an atmosphere like this so I maybe don't have to go to their concerts alone...awkies. 


I love them and you should too because your brain is  malleable and I'm worth listening to about somethings. I think. 

XXXO-WHITTY KITTY

I DON'T WANNA GO TO SLEEP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment