i realize i'm not everybody's cup of tea, i'd rather be someone's shot of whiskey anyway....

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Le Roomate

About 7-ish years ago, I moved from my cutsey little house that I shared with my family, into my Grandma's house in the same town. My dad had just passed away and my brother and sister were both off at college in Ohio, so it was just me, my mother and my grandmother. MAHHHHHGE...is her name. When I was in high school & away at school in Ohio, I was able to ignore her. But then I moved home. Living with my mom was great because she was the most awesome thing on the planet...a tiff or two every now and then, because unfortunately I am a raging brat sometimes, so I apologize a little to late to her for that, but the grandmother MAHHHHHGE, is another story. 
She is a born and bred New Yorker, a born "worrier," and born to only give a shit about stupid things, ie: fake charities, garbage day & ripping up mail. I swear the amount of mail for random Native American children I get and promptly throw away...is equivalent to 42 trees. EVERY. DAY. 
She isn't totally horrendous ALL of the time.. like when she tells me it is rotten without me around (boo work) or when we drink coffee & chat about fun things...but then she does things like,  bitch and complain about the food I cook, or stay in her nightgown, or make up lies, or talk to random strangers on the phone about personal information ETCETERA, ETCETERA....
She also hates Pollocks and blacks, but loves Jeopardy and White Castle. 
I brought home cupcakes one day, told her, but accidentally ate them all right after. She then ate a hot pocket and said it was the worst cupcake she ever had and told me to never go to that bakery again. 
GIGGLE.

She is a pain in my ass and tells me she doesn't care if I jump off the roof ..actually, quite frequently...
but ...this is le roomie and she buys the groceries.
So I'll live. 

The sherry is always plentiful and the hair is always fro picked
on 16.

XXXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment